LendingTree: A/B Tests & Routing
LendingTree solves coding problems without impacting performance or availability with Workers
LendingTree is an online marketplace that enables consumer and business borrowers to connect with multiple lenders to find optimal terms for mortgages, student loans, business loans, credit cards, and more. The team wanted a platform to solve coding problems quickly at the network edge.
How they use Workers
- Injecting cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) headers: They used Workers to inject CORS, solving a communications problem between their systems and one of its partner sites.
- Examining and routing incoming TLS traffic: Workers examines incoming requests to confirm that they’re TLS 1.0, then routes these requests.
- Performing A/B testing: Prior to Workers, they had been running A/B tests internally using NGINX proxies, but with slow performance. Running on the edge, Workers significantly improved performance with minimal work needed from the team.
- "Being able to execute code on the edge and route traffic accordingly saves us money and time. Without Workers, we would have had to refactor the code and change servers, which would take weeks".
- John Turner, Application Security Lead, LendingTree